Sunday, May 10, 2015

GAIN (Google Drawing), 5-10-15

I've never been much of an artist. I can barely draw straight lines for stick people. I was not blessed with that talent as my mom and brother were. If I ever did any drawing, it was tracing pictures in books. So I was a bit hesitant about trying out Google Drawing. I did not want to try anything too fancy or intricate because this was my first time using it and I am not artistic in the slightest. So I chose to draw a beach: sunny, blue water, blue skies. Then I played a bit with the WordArt feature to tie it all in together.

I learned a lot by watching the videos about Google Drawing, such as that you can collaborate with someone to perfect your drawing. That is definitely a plus to non-artistic folk like me. Plus, it can create group collaboration on project drawings in real time. 

Also I didn't know you could use it to create higher level designs like the Tangram square. That fulfills several Common Core standards across the board from Writing to Mathematics to Speaking & Listening. Google is making educational applications that are fun and easy and meet the CCS. That is a win win win the way I look at it. Children are becoming more and more technology prone. They all can use Google, so introducing things like Google Drawing can only enhance their learning experience.

1 comment: